The following are the foundation of beliefs on which Pamlico Christian Academy is based. They are also the key elements of Christianity that will be unapologetically taught in various ways through all grade levels. The substance of these statements is that which will be considered primary doctrine in Pamlico Christian Academy. All board members and staff of PCA must subscribe to these foundational principles. Secondary or divisive doctrines and issues will not be presented as primary doctrine. When these types of issues arise, they will be referred back to the family and local churches for final authority.
- We believe the Bible to be inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (II Timothy 3:16, II Peter 1:21).
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His atoning death (I Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9), His resurrection (John 11:25, I Corinthians 15:4), His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19), and His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the sinfulness of human nature, that people are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ, and that only by God’s grace and through faith are we saved (John 3:16-21; John 5:24; Romans 3:23; 5:8, 9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto eternal life, and the lost unto eternal damnation (John 5:28, 29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 12:12, 13; Galatians 3:26-28).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13, 14; I Corinthians 3:16, 6:19, 20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).