Admissions for K-12 Program
Pamlico Christian Academy admits students of any race to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally made available to all students. Pamlico Christian Academy practices a biblical philosophy of admissions, not discriminating on the basis of race, sex, color, or national origin in the administration of its policies, admissions, scholarships, athletic, and other school-directed programs.
Pamlico Christian Academy is, in essence, an expression of the commitment of a body of parents to provide the best possible training and instruction for their children. Our mission is to instill in each student a love for truth, wisdom, discernment and learning through the use of excellent materials, in an orderly setting, founded on a growing personal knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. Students seeking admission are evaluated on the basis of their report card, references, Application for Admission, interview, and potential to perform satisfactorily at Pamlico Christian Academy. Students who seek admission directly following suspension, expulsion, or behavior problems from another school will not be accepted until they prove themselves elsewhere. The first quarter is considered a trial period for all new students.
- Kindergarten students must be five (5) years of age on or before August 31 unless evaluated for readiness.
- A new student entering First grade must have reached the age of six (6) years by October 15th of the Fall in which he would enter PCA.
- The child should understand that his parents have delegated their authority to the school. Therefore, he is subject to the instruction and discipline of the teachers and Principal in their prescribed roles at PCA.
- New applications are accepted beginning in late January. Registration is open first to returning students and their siblings, then to the public. An application fee must accompany the Application for Admission.
- Screening/testing of applicants is scheduled on an as-needed basis.
- Interviews with applicants and families are scheduled after an Application for Admission is received.
The Application Process for K-12 Students
The application procedure requires the following:
- Completed Application for Admission Form + $70 Application Fee (submitted in PCA office)
- Request for Records completed by parent/guardian. Records request submitted and records from prior school received and reviewed by Head of School
- Parent/family interview (scheduled with school office by calling 252.745.0462 or by emailing email@example.com).
- Head of School will send Acceptance Email or Acceptance Letter.
- Completed Enrollment Form including signed parent contract, submitted to PCA office along with $200 registration fee, book fee and first month’s tuition.
- Birth certificate (all students)
- Copy of updated immunization record (details follow)
The Acceptance Process for K-12 Students
- The Administrator will determine final acceptance and grade level placement of students.
- After the interview, and after reviewing all other required materials (as stated on the application form), the Administrator will make the decision whether or not to admit the student(s).
- Parents will be notified of the decision regarding acceptance.
The Enrollment Process for K-12 Students
- When a new student is accepted, a non-refundable registration fee of $200 is due within two (2) weeks of acceptance along with the PCA Enrollment Form.
- Returning students shall submit a re-enrollment form along with a $200 registration fee.
- Enrollment, and therefore the parents’ financial obligation, is contracted to be for the full school year for grades K-12.
- It is understood that parents agree to support the policies of the school as affirmed in the Parental Contract and School Guidelines on the Enrollment Form.
- At the discretion of the Head of School, a student may be refused reenrollment for the following school year. Such refusal is not considered a direct disciplinary act, requiring accumulated office visits. Refusal to reenroll is not the equivalent of suspension or expulsion.