Pamlico Christian Academy admits students of any race to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally made available to all students. Pamlico Christian Academy practices a biblical philosophy of admissions, not discriminating on the basis of race, sex, color, or national origin in the administration of its policies, admissions, scholarships, athletic, and other school-directed programs.
Pamlico Christian Academy is, in essence, an expression of the commitment of a body of parents to provide the best possible training and instruction for their children. Our mission is to instill in each student a love for truth, wisdom, discernment and learning through the use of excellent materials, in an orderly setting, founded on a growing personal knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. Students seeking admission are evaluated on the basis of their report card, references, Application for Admission, interview, and potential to perform satisfactorily at Pamlico Christian Academy. Students who seek admission directly following suspension, expulsion, or behavior problems from another school will not be accepted until they prove themselves elsewhere. The first quarter is considered a trial period for all new students.
- Kindergarten students must be five (5) years of age on or before August 31 unless evaluated for readiness.
- A new student entering First grade must have reached the age of six (6) years by October 15th of the Fall in which he would enter PCA.
- The child should understand that his parents have delegated their authority to the school. Therefore, he is subject to the instruction and discipline of the teachers and Head of School in their prescribed roles at PCA.
- New applications for the upcoming school year are accepted beginning in late January. Registration is open first to returning students and their siblings, then to the public. An application fee must accompany the Application for Admission.
- Screening/testing of applicants is scheduled on an as-needed basis.
PCA does not currently offer in-house scholarships. We partner with the North Carolina Opportunity Scholarship program which provides need-based scholarships to students that are leaving the public school system to choose a private Christian school education. To learn more about the NC Opportunity Scholarship program, click here.
Our K-12 Admissions Process
If you are interested in enrolling your child in our school, the steps are as follows:
- Come visit us! Please call (252) 745-0462 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a visit with our Head of School. You are encouraged to bring your child!
- Fill out a K-12 Application for Admission and submit to the PCA office along with an application fee of $70. The Head of School will review your application along with past school records.
- The Head of School will contact you to schedule an interview with you and your child to review the PCA handbook.
- If both the Head of School and you as parent/guardian agree that Pamlico Christian Academy is a good fit for the child, you will receive an acceptance letter from the Head of School.
- Upon acceptance, the next step is to submit a PCA Enrollment Form along with a $200 registration fee, a $300 curriculum fee and other required documentation (immunization records, medical records, emergency contact info, birth certificate, etc.). Students will only be allowed to attend the first day if all documentation is on file in the PCA office.
- The Director of Finance will prepare an invoice to determine monthly payment amounts and will meet with you to explain payment options.